Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Final Post for Life Drawing I

This will be my last post for Life Drawing. I feel a bit of relief saying that. Looking back, I started this semester with frustration and a feeling of just being too busy. And although that's pretty much how my entire semester went I was able to adapt and change to make it through. I entered this year going into two courses of Industrial Design, a challenge I was told, and "expect not to be able to work". Well, people were right, between those classes, this one, and another art history course I was booked and my bank account agrees with that. I struggled to keep a job and struggled to get by with my classes. I do feel accomplished with what I've done and proud of the quality that I think I've kept with my work.
Life Drawing I has taught me some very important and lifelong skills. I've gained to ability to see the human body in a different light. I came into this class without even a basic understanding of how the body worked and what made it move. I was challenged to see what's under the skin between what bone structures there are and how the muscles overlap one another to form a complete person.
Like I've said, I think this class has taught me a lot of valuable information. Becoming an Industrial Designer knowing the human body and its scale is important in all aspects. I know that my renderings have become stronger from taking this class and hope to gain further understanding by taking LDII. I've been better able to draw the human body and how it interacts with it's surroundings better and my ability to better tailor my designs for how the body works. One thing I still wish to gain is the knowledge of the range of movement a persons arms legs and torso can go through. Knowing the limiting factors of a persons range of motion would be a great addition to designing for people.
I was never too thrilled to do the maniken and don't feel it helped as much as it should have. The in class drawings were priceless and my quickness and line quality increased dramatically throughout the semester. The shell drawings helped understand contours of not only how a shell works but transferred to the human body. I hope to be able to come in to open drawings and continue my figure drawings. Finally, thanks and good luck.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/44085260@N03/

No comments:

Post a Comment